Traditional Thai Massage is a dynamic bodywork.
Experts estimate that 80 to 90 percent of disease is stress-related. Massage and bodywork is there to combat that frightening number by helping us remember what it means to relax. The physical changes massage brings to your body can have a positive effect in many areas of your life. By producing a meditative state or heightened awareness of living in the present moment, massage can provide emotional and spiritual balance, bringing with it true relaxation and peace.
In an age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine, massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Thai Massage for London Ontario area residents
Thai Massage (or ‘yoga done for you’) is a dynamic bodywork with the power to make transformational changes in posture and alignment, breathing, attitudes, soft tissue pain and ease of movement. With roots dating back to 2,500 years ago, Thai Massage blends styles from Asian neighbors passed down through the generations.
“An Amazing Flow of Exceptional Assisted Stretches,
Acupressure and Deep/Subtle Tissue Release.”
Unlike the more static Western massage, the complete Thai Massage incorporates loving-kindness, compassionate touch, assisted yoga stretching, marma acupressure points, energy meridian work, gentle twisting and rocking to open, exercise and revitalize every system of the body. Thai Massage employs a wonderful flowing sequence of stretches and pressure is applied not only with the thumbs and palms but also elbows, knees, and feet.
Thai Massage greatly enhances strength and flexibility, and helps to regain ease of movement. It is extremely beneficial for those who find themselves sore, stiff and tired from overexertion in sports or work, or from arthritis and debilitating conditions.
Thai Massage can be practiced either on a thick mat or on a massage table. The work is done fully clothed and no oils are required. Loose comfortable non-synthetic clothing are recommended for the session.
We invite you to experience the powerful benefits of Thai Massage.
Benefits of Massage:
- Increases blood circulation, allowing more oxygen and nutrients into tissues & vital organs
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system against toxic invaders
- Relaxes injured and overused muscles reducing spasms & cramping
- Reduces recovery time and post-surgery adhesions
- Releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller
- Decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain
- Increases joint flexibility and Improves range-of-motion
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers
- Provides exercise for atrophied muscles
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays